Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Achieving your goals (My View)

I guess this will pretty much be my first blog just talking about a topic.

So, What about achieving your goal?
what I will be talking about is what I feel would be some good pointers and guidelines that you can use to achieve your goals. First and foremost, this is not a scientific proven guideline. Just so that we are clear, this is purely my opinion. If I was to refer to something or a topic that is not directly from me, I will definitely have direct siting for it.
Anyways, back to my topic...
Achieving a goal to me is not just a physical thing. In order to even begin setting goals, first you must be mentally stable. To elaborate on that, I meant to have a CLEAR MIND. You will most likely set unattainable goals if you  are not thinking straight. One good way to clear your mind will be to GO FAR FROM YOUR FAMILIAR SURROUNDING. No I'm not saying if you live in Atlanta to go to California lol. What I am saying is don't do it at home, don't do it places where you are used to. I also wouldn't recommend the library because you might end up killing yourself with boredom. So where can you go then?...Well I would suggest something like a public park, have a solitary lunch with a notepad(you'd be surprise the power of food). If you do decide to  have a solitary lunch, try to go places that's not too crowded with tooooo much distractions. So what I'm saying is that, you don't want to be too distracted, neither too bored that you fall asleep. If you have question about environment that could fit, feel free to hit me up. Also if the goal you are setting involves another person, it wouldn't be a bad idea to drag them along with you ;-). Next step when you get to your destination is BLOCKING UNNECESSARY THOUGHTS/emotions or anything that can lead you astray from thinking straight.
What's next after a clear head?
Well what you should do is VISUALIZE YOURSELF! You want to be able to see yourself reaching that goal, doing whatever it is that you setting up your goals for. If you can't see yourself attaining that goal, I can already tell you that you are wasting your time. As you visualizing yourself reaching that goal, once there...you need to TRACE BACK. What is tracing back??? by tracing back I mean to think backward from the time you reach your goal to where you are now. But why is this even important? This is important because these are the steps(in between) that you will need to take in order to reach that goal you are trying to achieve. As you doing so...DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF!!! Limiting yourself will cause doubt and lack of confidence. Achieving goals 99% of the time is not by chance. It's by hardworking! You can't work hard if you are doubting yourself, now can you? well let's not doubt ourselves.
Next, CREATE A PLAN! so this step involves, writing down what it will take to achieve this goal (remember what I said, DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF) because in order to succeed, your will to succeed MUST be greater than your fear to fail. You don't want to be a failure do you?
Ey by the way, DON'T LET PROCRASTINATION CREEP UP on you. You will be surprise how fast procrastination can creep up on you. So, how do you stay away from procrastination...well that's why in the steps involving creating your plan...you must write down PEOPLE YOU WANT TO BE AROUND and also PEOPLE YOU WANT TO BE AROUND YOU. Tell you the truth, some people are dream crusher! So you must stay away from those type of people.
Last but not least, put your PLAN IN MOTION. One major thing in putting your plan in motion is to NETWORK, meeting/conversating/seeking people who have attain that goal or was a mediator in helping someone else achieving that goal you setting up for youself. Your network with be your strongest link in achieving your goal. IT'S NOT HARD! JUST DO IT!!!

THE ONLY LIMIT YOU HAVE IS THE LIMIT  YOU PUT ON YOURSELF....SO DON'T LIMIT YOURSELF!

(Please leave comment, critiques, if I missed something...feel free to put your two cents lol)
Like me on Facebook: Jonathan Celestin


The Kindle Edition of my book has been published! 
Please support me in this poetic journey; here is the direct link to get your copy; UnSpoken Feeliings - Amazon

....P.S my birthday is 8/30, buying a copy of my book would be a great gift to me. All supports are appreciate. The book will be available in Hard copy soon! and also find it on goodreads soon!...#SoHelpMeGod

1 comment:

  1. OMG honey I love it, you are a great writer and I know you will go places.

    ReplyDelete